I’m so happy to have made it to this point. I’m finally cutting out the fabric for my Lady Grey coat!
I think I took off over an inch at the bust and had to let out the hips over an inch just to get the muslin to lay flat and be (mostly) wrinkle-free. At the end of the day I just decided that it’s going to have a belt and any wrinkles that are still left at the back will look natural as a result of the belt!
Letting out the hips also helped to make the hem even out along the bottom instead of hiking up in the back as it had been doing previously. I also tucked out over two inches from the lapels to get them to lie flat. After I’d done that, the lapels weren’t looking as large so I shaved off an extra inch around the collar to match the new look of the lapels. Viola! I’m done muslin-ing. It’s such a relief to move on to the next step!
It’s been a busy week with many big decisions to make, so I apologize for fewer posts than per usual!